Saturday, November 14, 2009

In Case of Fire


Or water leaking through your ceiling...

We are often asked the question on tedious questionnaires, if there was a fire what are the few items you would make sure to grab. This morning, I got some first hand experience at figuring out the answer to that question. We didn't exactly have a fire, but after being woken by the fire alarm and finding water leaking profusely from every possible means in our ceiling (including the fire alarms), we called maintenance and when they didn't respond, 911. While on the phone with them we realized that the water was even coming out of our plugs. We were informed to unplug everything and get out of our apartment.

So, what do you take with you when you have an apartment full of things and you have no idea if you will ever actually see them again? This is what I grabbed:
1. My computer (which includes almost all of the photos I really wanted to keep)
2. Clothes for the banquet tonight and church tomorrow (including a few extra pairs of unmentionables)
3. The only photo album I had with pictures of my father in it
4. The Bible I have had for several years with all my underlining, notes and special meaning as it has gone on several mission trips with me
5. My prayer journals, the two most recent ones because there is a lot of stuff in there!
6. Paper work for the premarital counseling I am giving and for my current classes
7. My wallet and car keys
8. Tooth brush & tooth paste, flat iron, some makeup
9. My camera and cell phone
10. My roommate...cause she is also one of my best friends and I sure was not going to lose her...fire or no fire, she was coming with me!!!!!!!!

So what would you grab...you should figure it out, cause you never know when you might be awoken by your fire alarm!

No comments: